Turtle Island Lighthouse
Photo Credit: C. Hanchey
Located northeast of the mouth of the Maumee River. Island and lighthouse are privately owned and not open to the public.
Built in 1831, this lighthouse was abandoned when the Toledo Harbor Lighthouse began operating in 1904. The Ohio-Michigan boundary runs through the middle of the island. The lighthouse is not operational.
This lighthouse and island are privately owned and not open to the public. Ruins can be viewed from boat only. The lighthouse can be seen from a distance during the Harbor Lights Cruise offered by M/V SANDPIPER in Toledo, www.sandpiperboat.com or (419) 537-1212.